Litecoin is just like bitcoin. It is the world’s first altcoin and also an open sourced peer-to-peer digital currency.
Litecoin has remained consistently in the Top 5 cryptocurrencies by the market cap. Also proving to be a relatively safe endeavor in contrast to its peers.
Many are looking into investing into Litecoin since the massive growth of more than 2000% in the last 6-8 months. With investing, security comes after.
Coin wallets should at least meet most of these criteria:
– User’s full control of private keys
– compatibility across different operating systems and devices
– easy navigation
– backup and restore feature
– should have an active development community
8 Litecoin Wallets
Ledger Nano S (Hardware Wallet)
- Full control of private keys in an offline environment. Has a built in OLED screen, backup seed key and a pin code feature.
- Retails at $95.
- Also supports other currencies. (BTC, ETH/ETC, XRP,DOGE,ZEC,DASH,STRAT,KMD,XMR)
Trezor (Hardware Wallet)
- World’s first hardware wallet
- Built in OLED screen which displays generated nine-digit pin code and 24 word recovery seed.
- Retails at $99
- Supports BTC, ETH/ETC, NMC, LTC, DOGE, ZEC, DASH
Exodus (Desktop Wallet)
- Supports Augur, Bitcoin, Dash, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Factom, Golem and Litecoin
- Interactive interface with an acrive development team.
- Provides a one-click recovery system and 12 word recovery phrase.
- Built in ShapeShift converter.
- Available on Mac, Linux and Windows
Jaxx (Mobile and Desktop Wallet)
- Supports 13 cryptocurrencies. Provides a 12-word backup seed key feature.
- Full user control of private keys which can be imported and exported when required.
- Built in Shapeshift converter.
- Available on iOS mobile/tablet, Chrome and Firefox extensions and MAC/Linux.
LoafWallet (Mobile Wallet)
- World’s first Litecoin wallet, developed by the creator of LiteCoin.
- Available in iOS and Android.
- Open-sourced HD wallet with a 12-word backup seed key.
- Built in coinbase feature which allow users to purchase Litecoin and store them on the LoafWallet.
Litecoin Core (Desktop Wallet)
- Official Litecoin
- Private keys will be stored on desktop
- Available on Windows, Mac and Linux
Electrum-LTC (Desktop Wallet)
- Lightweight wallet
- Doesn’t require downloading entire blockchain or synchronization
- Provides a 12-word security seed key.
- SegWit enabled.
- Available Windows, Mac OS X andLinux
Liteaddress (Paper wallet for Litecoin)
- Allows users to create their own pair of public and private keys
- Cheapest and most secure alternative to hardware wallets.